Expertise & Experience in Afghanistan
Scott Advocates PLLC is an international commercial law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan, with offices in Washington, DC, serving clients globally regarding legal, compliance and commercial matters in and concerning Afghanistan.
We provide unique value and legal counsel capabilities to reputable international and Afghan businesses through direct knowledge and experience of Afghanistan, combined with persistent on-the-ground presence and client interface.
SA is correspondent counsel to Venable LLP, which further provides clients with best of breed, full-spectrum legal services (combined with forward presence) in virtually any legal matter, across all sectors.
Our Mission is to represent, advise and advocate for our clients–to the highest professional standard–in order to enable them to:
- Promptly and effectively satisfy legal, regulatory, governmental, and commercial requirements;
- Effectively prevent or resolve disputes;
- Successfully commence and/or sustain operations; and
- Achieve their organizational goals in Afghanistan.
- Our entire team is focused on delivering results for our clients, in order to allow them to focus on their own mission, core competencies and what they do best.
- We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of professional practice in delivering value to our clients.
- We leverage our keen knowledge of, and experience in Afghanistan to provide the best advice, representation and advocacy for our clients in keeping with legal requirements and international best practices.
We are a results-oriented, international commercial law firm in Afghanistan providing advice, representation and advocacy for our international and domestic clients in the following areas:
- Litigation support
- Commercial negotiations
- Business licensing and registration
- Labour and employment
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Banking and finance, including anti money-laundering/counter-funding for terrorism (AML/CFT)
- Intellectual property
- Extractives, mining and energy
- Dispute resolution
- Due diligence
- Anti-corruption compliance and best practices
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Government compliance
- Commercial, criminal and human rights litigation
- Legal interventions to protect staff and operations
- Legal risk management and mitigation
- Government contracting
- Public policy advocacy
- Pro bono publico representations