Scott Advocates PLLC will accept curriculum vitae (CVs) from attorneys with proven ability to meet the following requirements:
- Candidate is expected to adapt to the needs of our clients, including but not limited to: International Commercial litigation, Appellate, Tax, Asset Recovery, Criminal Defense, Contract Negotiation, & Dispute Resolution (Mediation, Arbitration).
- Candidate will serve clients in the following industries: Construction, Seized Personnel & Property Recovery, Energy, Extractive Industry (Mining), Transportation, (incl. Aviation), & Construction Surety Bonds (Performance Bonds, Payment Bonds).
- Candidate will be responsible for negotiating contracts, working on commercial litigation matters, as well as work on developing a book of business.
- Attorney will spend up to a month at a time deployed.
- High partnership possibility and equity stake based on performance.
- Assignments will be made by the managing partner.
- The firm does not require a portable book of business.
- 5-7 years of complex litigation and/or transactional experience
- Major law firm experience, congressional or Executive branch counsel experience, experience as an AUSA, or experience in the Criminal Division or Civil Fraud Division of the Department of Justice is preferred
- Experience with document management, depositions, trial practice, and counsel experience in Congress or DOJ is required
- Federal judicial clerkship and/or federal trial experience is preferred.
- High academic credentials
- Must be admitted to the bar in the District of Columbia and eligible for admission to the federal district court of the District of Columbia
- Ability to work independently, highly motivated, self-starter with a commitment to excellence
- Superb communication and writing skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment